Changes

Life has been moving really fast lately. Too fast actually, and a lot has been changing. Most of the change is good, but even when things change for the better, it isn't easy. Change is well, odd. Bryce has been super busy with school and work, but he graduates in two weeks!!! Can I get a hallelujah?! LJ is growing up so fast, and sometimes I feel like I can barely keep up with that kid! He brings so much joy to our lives. Its a funny thing how having a baby can force you to grow up so fast. He makes us see the things and people that really matter in life and the things/people that don't have a place in your life anymore. Being young parents is tough especially when your the only one of your group of friends that have a baby. At first it isn't much of a challenge, in that, the baby is fun to have around and everyone wants a piece of your kid. Plus, babies are easy to take out. Then your baby isn't so much a baby anymore and you really start to see how much your life has changed. You no longer delight in the same activities that you used to. Your joy is seeing your little one happy, and for simple family outings. Vacation doesn't have to be far away, but free time together is enough. You don't care what others are doing with their lives because your focus is your husband and your child. You don't worry what people think of you, but you worry about things like: "Is he eating enough?", "Should he be doing that?", "Are we doing a good job as parents?" It's a challenging but amazing realization that family, our family, is of utmost importance. You realize how beautiful your little family is that you and your hubby started, and you no longer feel that you have to fit in or be apart of others lives because you together as a family fit perfectly together. It's been kind of hard seeing some friendships fade because of this, but it's really exciting to see new friendships come together and old friendships be rekindled. It's so much easier to hang out with people that are in the same stage of life as you are, that understand parenthood- its joys and struggles. Above everything, I have been feeling so grateful. Grateful for a a great marriage and being married to my best friend, grateful for a healthy and happy boy, grateful for family, grateful for friendships new and old, and grateful for having a safe place to live and raise LJ.
Parenting is probably the hardest and most rewarding thing I will ever do in my life. I wouldn't change a thing about my life or the people in it. It's not perfect but it's beautiful. I am looking forward to this new chapter in life and all the new relationships blossoming. I am so very thankful for Bryce and his constant encouragement and love. He loves me in my ugliest moments and is a great dad. I don't know how he juggles everything, but he is awesome.
Thank you for everyone that has been and is apart of my little family's life and for those of you that read my blog. It's a safe place for me to share my life<3

Here are some family pictures we took recently. Love my boys so dang much:)
Ps. These are the first set of pictures where I feel confident about how I look, I've been super self-conscious since I was prego, and I finally lost all the baby weight plus some more! Yay! I still want to lose 10 more lbs., but  that's enough about me;)





XOXO<3.
Kay


Comments

  1. I love reading your blog!! Kayla you have such a beautiful family!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changes for the better.

Thankful heart.

7 months:)